Individually tailored to your school and environment
Professional Development from Expert Tutors
Tutorials and one-to-one sessions available
As part of the schools sports programme and community projects we are involved with, Advanced Sports Ltd now offers fully comprehensive and expert sports education for Schools and their staff.
There are various qualifications to pick from that can enable staff to plan, deliver and evaluate lessons and blocks for primary and secondary sports education.
The qualifications are delivered and verified through 1st4Sport and are recognised through Ofqual
This coming September we are delivering the following
Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport Price (on application)
Qualification Number: 600/9577/5
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and is supported by employers and the industry. The qualification is designed to consolidate and expand upon prior learning in the area of supporting the delivery of physical education and school sport. The qualification will further develop your knowledge and skills in order to allow you to further support the delivery of physical education and school sport (PESS) programmes in a school sport environment. While it is delivered through the medium of PESS, the skills may be used by learners aspiring to work in other sporting roles, such as coaching. 100% of the learning that you will receive will support you in being able to do your job, or prepare you for doing a job, in support of the delivery of physical education and school sport.
The qualification is composed of twelve mandatory units. To qualify for the 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport, you must successfully complete the 12 mandatory units, achieving 54 credits. During your achievement of the qualification, you will complete the following learning outcomes:
• understanding how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
• understanding how to communicate and develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
• understanding how children and young people develop, recognising when additional support may be required
• understanding schools as organisations and the infrastructure behind this (education policy, legislation, school policies and procedures, school roles and responsibilities of staff and other key individuals)
• understanding how to mentor others within the scope of supporting the delivery of physical education and school sport
• being able to support, and assist with the review of, assessment for learning, working with both learners and teachers
• being able to plan, deliver and review a physical education and school sport programmes, both curricular and extra-curricular
• being able to organise, lead and evaluate a sports event or competition
• being able to support gifted and talented learners
• being able to facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
Your learning and assessment programme will require you to be assessed delivering physical education and school sport activities in a real school sport environment. You should discuss this requirement with your centre before starting you programme of learning, especially if you do not already have access to this environment.
The 1st4sport Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport is recognised as the industry standard qualification for Senior Children’s Activity Professionals by the trade association for providers of sports and physical activity in schools and the wider community: The Compass Association. The Compass Association (Compass) represents the interests of all providers delivering sport and physical activity in schools and is striving to improve the standards of non-teaching specialists delivering Physical Activity and Sport in schools.